lunes, 26 de septiembre de 2011

meanwhile in madrid...

Madrid has officially become one of my favorite cities in the world. I don't know quite what about it I'm attracted to, but I would pick up and move into the Prado in a second if possible, living on the delicious pesto paninis from the museum café and on tapas and bucket-sized mojitos from el tigre. My friend once told me he had spent 9 hours in the Prado and it is only now that I understand...Nonetheless, I have some incredible memories from my second trip to add to my first, and I can't wait to hopefully go back for a third.


after a caffeine boost at el café de la ópera as soon as we arrived on friday, we wandered around los jardines sabatini next to el palacio. facing the gorgeous plaza del oriente and hemmed in by gold toned gates, the palacio stands graciously over the scattered madrileños and tourists resting on the greenery. the night followed with decadent red peppers stuffed with beef at la cervecería santa ana in plaza santa ana, more sangria at cuevas de sesamo, and dancing at pacha.


saturday followed with visits to the prado and the botanical gardens, and tapas at la tres manolas taberna across from the palacio (not to mention a four hour siesta). post dancing till the early morning and stuffing our faces with heaping plates of tapas and gallons of tinto de verano at el tigre (one of my favorite places i've been to in spain so far), we revisited the mercado de san miguel on sunday. this is my first of three fresh-squeezed juices that I bought there, in addition to creamy croquetas de espinacas (crispy fried dough balls filled with spinach and cheese). ciao madrid, te extrañaré.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario