sábado, 24 de septiembre de 2011

sevilla

So I've found myself about to spend four months in one of the most enchanting places in the world. As much as I miss New York City--my yoga studio on 83rd, ginger lemonade afterward on 82nd, Hungarian coffee and croissants on 110th, I'm glad that I have come to feel so connected to a place that I know will change my life. I'll be continually adding restaurants, bars, clubs, historical sites, shopping streets etc. through the coming months, but here are some highlights thus far:




Bars, Restaurants, Pastelerías:
bodega de santa cruz, "las columnas" (c/rodrigo caro 1, delicious red wine, croquetas caseras, flamenquín)
bar las teresas (drinks and tapas- amazing fried shrimp tortilla, spinach with garbanzos, fried calamari)
bar alfalfa (to die for red wine, toasted baquette w/ cheese, salmorejo, topped w/ olive oil and bacon)
café altamira (plz. santa maría la blanca, cute romantic atmosphere, gorgeous plaza)
café T de Triana (offers very good "agua de sevilla,"milky drink typical of sevilla topped w/ heavy cream)
diablito (sweet butterscotch vodka shots for un euro y pico)
o'neils (irish pub that I also went to in Madrid, enormous "gin tónicas")
boss, riolatino, antique teatro (discos in los remedios and triana)
la campana (antiquated bakery run by nuns; unreal cañas de chocolate and croissants)
los angelitos (chocolate croissants, and see cupcakes below)




Additional Sites and Activities:
running in parque maría luisa
drinking organic wines from córdoba by the river guadalquivir ("botellón")
shopping at el mercadillo in plaza nueva and at the feria de las nacionalidades (a food/gift fair with booths representing different countries)
flamenco show at casa de la memoria (c/ ximénez de enciso, 28, santa cruz)
los baños árabes (ancient arab baths/spa, a perfect way to spend an hour...or two or three....relaxing)
museo de bellas artes and el hospital de la caridad (to immerse yourself in baroque art and architecture)
los jardines alcazáres (bello bello bello)


I'm dying to get my disposable camera photos back, but here are some of my favorite shots in sevilla from this past month...





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario